Navigating Swagger UI
Swagger UI is the interactive documentation of the Ed-Fi API. It can be used to understand the various API resources behind an Ed-Fi ODS/API Platform deployment and the patterns seen across the various resources. Using the Ed-Fi Alliance’s public Swagger UI documentation, this course will show you the essentials so that you can confidently navigate Swagger UI yourself.
The learning objectives for this course are:
- Understand the structure of Swagger UI documentation to quickly answer questions related to the Ed-Fi API that may arise.
- Understand the various HTTP-verbs behind an API resource and know when to use which for what.
- Understand how the Ed-Fi API’s id and natural key feature is surfaced in Swagger UI documentation.
By the end of this course, Academy students will be able to:
- Navigate and interact with a Swagger UI deployment.
Who Should Enroll
- Anyone who interfaces with the Ed-Fi API. This could be a technical user who needs to make API calls or a non-technical user who is creating a data mapping to the Ed-Fi API.