Introduction to the Educator Preparation Data Model
This introductory course provides an overview of the Educator Preparation Data Model (EPDM), including background about the extension and Ed-fi tools available to support EPDM implementations. Academy students will begin to explore concepts included in the EPDM and learn basic terminology associated with the model.
The learning objectives for this course are:
- Provide foundational knowledge about EPDM/Ed-Fi to equip stakeholders to effectively communicate internally about the benefits of adopting Ed-Fi.
- Introduce concepts and metalanguage related to the EPDM versions and the tools and resources available.
By the end of this course, Academy students will be able to:
- Explain how Ed-Fi supports every candidate’s success by empowering a community of educators and innovators with timely, comprehensive data to support candidates and continuous improvements in educator preparation programs.
- Understand the fundamentals of interoperability and versions of the Education Preparation Data Model (EPDM) (EPDM-Core and EPDM-Community)
- Describe the basic technical terminology that describes what Ed-Fi does.
- Describe the benefits of adopting Ed-Fi and the Educator Preparation Data Model (EPDM) to other stakeholders (e.g., central IT).
- Understand the many ways Ed-Fi supports candidate success through the Ed-Fi community and resources like the Ed-Fi Technology Suite, Starter Kits, and other available Educator Preparation Program Model (EPDM) artifacts.
Who Should Enroll
- Programmatic leads at organizations that work in educator preparation
- Technology resources new to the EPDM
- System integrators supporting organizations that work in educator preparation