This advanced course is designed specifically for cross-functional teams. Academy students learn how to leverage a team with the appropriate expertise and skills to develop an Ed-Fi implementation roadmap. The course includes a self-assessment tool designed to assist participants in identifying their strengths and weaknesses in the areas of organizational management, technology systems, and program areas (e.g., teaching and learning, education faculty) as related to implementing a well-designed and well-used information and reporting architecture using Ed-Fi as a component <– this is a prereq so it should be that the starting point exists. The academy students will synthesize and utilize the ICF resources with a SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) to develop a roadmap for implementing the Ed-Fi Technology Suite and Data Standard.
By the end of this course, Academy students will:
- Reflect on the ICF self-assessment results as they pertain to the learner’s organization.
- Apply key concepts and principles of the ICF and SWOT Analysis to make decisions.
- Craft a roadmap for a well-designed and well-used information and reporting architecture using the self-assessment results and the ICF.
- Establish priorities and develop a plan to make continual improvement on relevant elements of the ICF.
Who Should Enroll
- Cross-functional team leaders and team members with expertise and/or responsibility for Organizational Management, Technology Systems, and Program Areas (e.g., Teaching and Learning, Educational Faculty).
- Service providers and consultants who wish to support Ed-Fi implementations using proven best practices.