Implementation Capabilities Frameworks (ICFs) Overview
This introductory course provides an overview of the Ed-Fi Implementation Capabilities Frameworks (ICFs), including the Local Education Agency, State Educational Agency, Collaborative, and Education Preparation Program versions. Academy students learn to examine key capabilities, processes, and actions needed to implement a well-designed and well-used information and reporting architecture using Ed-Fi as a component. This course includes a self-assessment tool designed to assist participants in identifying their strengths and limitations in the areas of organizational leadership and management, technology systems, and data usage within program areas (e.g., teaching and learning, education faculty). This course provides a practical methodology for applying the ICFs to strengthen or support key capabilities, processes, and actions required to implement a well-designed and well-used information and reporting architecture.
By the end of this course, Academy students will:
- Explain the benefits and elements of the Ed-Fi Implementation Capability Frameworks.
- Define key capabilities, processes, and actions needed to implement a well-designed and well-used information and reporting architecture using Ed-Fi as a component.
- Understand what needs to be developed to ensure success and begin planning to address any capability gaps for their implementation phase.
- Use the ICF to evaluate an organization’s capability levels in the areas of organizational management, technology systems, and program areas related to Ed-Fi implementation.
- Complete a high-level the individual ICF self-assessment survey.
- Prepare to complete the full ICF review process with a cross-functional team, including an ICF readiness survey, action step review, and an analysis of strengths, challenges, and priorities.
Who Should Enroll
- Project managers and leaders of education analytics projects
- Data engineers and technical analysts who support education analytics projects
- Educators and agency leadership or governance who direct or sponsor analytics initiatives