Introduction to Data Management
This introductory course provides an overview of Ed-Fi, including the Ed-Fi Alliance organization and the technology it provides. Academy students learn how the Ed-Fi Technology Suite and Data Standard enable education information systems to talk with each other to provide comprehensive insights into student progress. The course also introduces the Ed-Fi Community, consisting of technologists and educators focused on solving problems and sharing resources.
By the end of this course, Academy students will:
- Understand the benefits of adopting the Ed-Fi Data Standard.
- Know what’s necessary to integrate data from a system that lacks Ed-Fi integration.
- Understand the Ed-Fi ODS’s normalized table structure and the need for a denormalized structure for analytics.
- Understand what’s possible once data is flowing through an Ed-Fi Platform.
Who Should Enroll
- Data engineers and technical analysts who use Ed-Fi technology to integrate systems.
- Technologists who want a detailed understanding of Ed-Fi integration patterns and available toolset.