Introduction to Ed-Fi Technology Suite
This foundational course introduces the Ed-Fi Technology Suite. Academy students explore the different artifacts provided by Ed-Fi, such as the Operational Data Store (ODS), The Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), and the many supporting tools that together form the Technology Suite. This course includes some technical content but is suitable for all skill levels.This introductory course provides an overview of Ed-Fi, including the Ed-Fi Alliance organization and the technology it provides. Academy students learn how the Ed-Fi Technology Suite and Data Standard enable education information systems to talk with each other to provide comprehensive insights into student progress. The course also introduces the Ed-Fi Community, consisting of technologists and educators focused on solving problems and sharing resources.
By the end of this course, Academy students will:
- Understand the main components of the Ed-Fi Platform and the many supporting tools available including Data Import and the Ed-Fi Bulk Load Client Utility.
- Understand how data is sent, received, and shared by education technology systems using Ed-Fi.
- Understand the Ed-Fi ODS’s normalized table structure and the need for a denormalized structure for analytics. Star schema and Snowflake schema are provided as examples.
- Get hands-on experience creating visualizations of how systems integrate to bring actionable data to decision makers.
- Understand how data can be used once it is flowing through Ed-Fi technology.
Who Should Enroll
- Data engineers and technical analysts who use Ed-Fi technology to integrate systems.
- Technologists who want a detailed understanding of Ed-Fi integration patterns and the available toolset.
- Anyone who wants a detailed walkthrough of Ed-Fi technology.