This introductory course provides an overview of Ed-Fi, including the Ed-Fi Alliance organization and the technology it provides. Academy students learn how the Ed-Fi Technology Suite and Data Standard enable education information systems to talk with each other to provide comprehensive insights into student progress. The course also introduces the Ed-Fi Community, consisting of technologists and educators focused on solving problems and sharing resources.
By the end of this course, Academy students will:
- Understand the many ways Ed-Fi supports student success through the Ed-Fi Community and resources like the Ed-Fi Technology Suite, Starter Kits, Implementation Paths, and Solution Guides.
- Understand the fundamentals of interoperability and data standards.
- Know the basic technical terminology that describes what Ed-Fi does — and how it does it.
- See how Ed-Fi supports every learner’s success by empowering a community of educators and innovators with real-time, comprehensive data.
Who Should Enroll
- Everyone. This course provides foundational information about Ed-Fi and is a prerequisite for every other Academy course.