Introduction to Vendor Engagement
This course provides essential information on how to engage education technology vendors in Ed-Fi work. It covers building relationships with vendors, communicating initiatives and data requirements clearly, and strategies for engaging vendors as partners.
The learning objectives for this course are:
- Understand the importance of strong relationships with your EdTech vendors.
- Learn how to build and manage relationships with your EdTech vendors and communicate your requirements clearly.
- Understand the differences between State Education Agencies, Local Education Agencies, and Educator Prep Programs.
- Learn about the resources available to support EdTech vendor engagement.
By the end of this course, Academy students will:
- Understand the critical role an EdTech vendor plays in an Ed-Fi implementation.
- Be able to describe the benefits of adopting Ed-Fi and partnering on Ed-Fi API integrations with vendors.
- By reviewing real-world case studies, understand the importance of clearly communicating project needs and goals to an EdTech vendor.
- Draft a use case that describes needs to an EdTech vendor
- Understand essential resources such as Starter Kits and Solution Guides, and understand how Solution Guides assist vendors with Ed-Fi projects.
- Understand how State Education Agencies, Local Education Agencies, and Educator Preparation Programs can contribute to strong partnerships with EdTech vendors.
Who Should Enroll
- Project and program management staff who are responsible for vendor agreements and coordination.
- Solution designers and architects who determine how data makes its way from vendor systems to the Ed-Fi ODS / API Platform.
- Technologists who engage with vendors to discuss solution requirements, visualizations, and other system components.