Introduction to Vendor Engagement
This introductory course provides an overview of Ed-Fi, including the Ed-Fi Alliance organization and the technology it provides. Academy students learn how the Ed-Fi Technology Suite and Data Standard enable education information systems to talk with each other to provide comprehensive insights into student progress. The course also introduces the Ed-Fi Community, consisting of technologists and educators focused on solving problems and sharing resources.
By the end of this course, Academy students will:
- Understand the critical role an EdTech vendor plays in an Ed-Fi implementation.
- Be able to describe the benefits of adopting Ed-Fi and partnering on Ed-Fi API integrations with vendors.
- By reviewing real-world case studies, understand the importance of clearly communicating project needs and goals to an EdTech vendor.
- Draft a use case that describes needs to an EdTech vendor
- Understand essential resources such as Starter Kits and Solution Guides, and understand how Solution Guides assist vendors with Ed-Fi projects.
- Understand how State Education Agencies, Local Education Agencies, and Educator Preparation Programs can contribute to strong partnerships with EdTech vendors.
Who Should Enroll
- Project and program management staff who are responsible for vendor agreements and coordination.
- Solution designers and architects who determine how data makes its way from vendor systems to the Ed-Fi ODS / API Platform.
- Technologists who engage with vendors to discuss solution requirements, visualizations, and other system components.